Thursday, June 6, 2013

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things . . . .

Top 5 Movies

To qualify as a "top" movie of mine, it must be a movie that I could spend all day watching, day after day. One that as I continue to watch, gets increasingly better. I could never get sick of it.

Well, (since I know everyone is DYING to know what my favorite movies are) here they are.


5. To Kill A Mockingbird


Told from the perspective of a young girl, Jean Louise Finch, who goes by the name Scout. Scout and her brother Jem are the children of Atticus Finch, a lawyer in a racially divided town in Alabama. Atticus agrees to defend a black man who was accused of raping a white woman.

Atticus: I remember when my daddy gave me that gun. He told me that I should never point it at anything in the house; and that he'd rather I'd shoot at tin cans in the backyard. But he said that sooner or later he supposed the temptation to go after birds would be too much, and that I could shoot all the blue jays I wanted - if I could hit 'em; but to remember it was a sin to kill a mockingbird.

Jem: Why?

Atticus: Well, I reckon because mockingbirds don't do anything but make music for us to enjoy. They don't eat people's gardens, don't nest in the corncrib, they don't do one thing but just sing their hearts out for us.

4. Anastasia


Story of a princess who was separated from her family when she was a little girl. After finally leaving her orphanage she is out on a journey to Paris to find her lost family, and find out who she really is.

PS: The closing song, At The Beginning, is the song I have wanted since I was a little girl to be played at my wedding :)

3. Dead Poets Society


"Oh Captain! My Captain!"
Dead Poets Society takes place at an all boys preparatory school. Throughout the movie several stories unfold. A story of love, standing up for what is right, and following your dreams.


If this movie doesn't leave you with an empty box of tissues then you need to watch it again. Also, if you don't cry like a baby during the last scene of the movie, you probably don't have a heart and have no business watching this movie....just kidding, but seriously. :)

2. October Sky

High school student Homer Hickam is stuck in an old mining town in West Virginia with no chance of ever leaving and having to work in the mine alongside his father. After the launch of Sputnik by the Russians, Homer and his friends set out on a quest to enter the science fair, get scholarships, and be somebody in this world.
The Rocket Boys


(If this ending doesn't leave you crying like a baby also then you should direct yourself to the last paragraph under movie number 3, Dead Poets Society.)

1. Pride & Prejudice


"Yes, a thousand times yes!"

Based on the story written by Jane Austen, Pride & Prejudice is the greatest love story of all time. (Not just my opinion, it's a fact). A complicated and beautiful love story of two prideful people, who at first couldn't be more opposite, but turn out to be very similar.


And seriously, if that doesn't drawn you in, just look at this guy. Mr. Darcy. When I first watched this movie I didn't find him attractive at all, but now . . . . oh is he attractive.


I have honestly lost count of how many times I have seen this movie. I can quote the whole thing, and I am not the slightest bit ashamed of it. You can catch me watching this movie EVERY Sunday, and most likely sometime again during the week.


Seriously, these movies are fantastic.

xoxo,
Mo

4 comments:

  1. That's my girl! I love these movies too . . . Pride and Prejudice, Dead Poet's Society, and October Sky all rank right at the top of my list! Good taste . . . Dad and I have done well with you! ;)

    xoxo,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I know Pride and Prejudice would be number one... hmm???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, maybe you're just a good guesser? :)

      Delete