Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Church History Museum

Today's mission was supposed to send me on a free tour, but it interfered with my school schedule so I couldn't go. So the new mission was to research the 1844 presidential election after and then take a photo of something related to the topic in the Joseph Smith display in the President's Gallery at the museum. 
Done and done.
I LOVE walking through the Church History Museum. It is one of my absolute favorite things to do here in Salt Lake. So, I walked straight to the escalator that takes you to the Presidents Gallery, and the moment you get off that escalator, President Joseph Smiths gallery is the first thing you see.




This sign reads, "Henry Clay and John C. Calhoun, presidential candidates in 1844, detailed their political views in these letters in response to a request from Joseph Smith. Disappointed by their letters, Joseph Smith announced his own candidacy for the presidency."

So cool. 

What's next Captain?
(HA I so love calling my dad that :) )

xo,
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment