Monday, May 20, 2013

I Hope They Call Me on A Misssion....

HA, gotcha!
Though serving a church mission would be great, this is a different kind of mission.
This morning, Captain sent me the following message:
"Morgan, your first assignment should you choose to accept it, must be photographed and blog by 10 MDT this evening.

Clue: John Rowe Moyle's lasting impression. 

Extra Credit: His likeness lends a hand to a family in need."

To which I replied: 

"I accept. Thanks Captain!"

I then thought to myself, I have no idea what "John Rowe Moyle's lasting impression" even means! Was it a person? A painting? I had no idea! But, good thing I have google!! I googled it, and sure enough, it's a statue located in Temple Square. 

In fact, here it is!!

John Rowe Moyle was a Mormon pioneer. He was a master stonemason for the beautiful Salt Lake City Temple and was the carver of the inscription "Holiness to the Lord" on the temple's east side.

How awesome is that?!


Mission One has officially been filed as complete. What's next Captain?

xo,
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment