Friday, May 3, 2013

2 Lessons, 1 Day; Thursday May 2

So, i'm going to try out this whole 'blogging' thing again.

Lets see. I got here (Utah) on Monday, and I moved into my new room on Wednesday. I was so worried that I was going to get one of the smaller rooms that they offer, but luckily I got the same size room as last time!! (Its the biggest room they offer) Yay for big rooms! So, Thursday morning I went and did two loads of laundry. No big deal, right? HA. Trust me, I learned my lesson alright. Normally, it costs one dollar to wash, and you pay by the quarter for how long you want the dryer cycle to be. Typically, fifty cents will get a load completely dry. So, I put my fifty cents in the machine, along with my wet clothes, and I press the start button and nothing. NOTHING! So naturally, I press it three or four more times. Still nothing. Then I read the little screen on the dryer that is flashing '$1.25'. Seriously?! It was going to make me pay an additional seventy five cents to dry my four shirts, and two pairs of leggings?! This is were I learned my lesson. I put the additional seventy five cents in and started  the little machine up. IT WORKED! Now, for the other load. So, leave it to me to think that it was only that one machine that was 'broken'. So I go ahead and put in my fifty cents into another empty dryer for my second load. Again, it starts flashing the '$1.25' thing at me again. Turns out all of the machines require a dollar twenty five. UGH. Long story short, I ended up paying for $5 for 2 loads of laundry. Including, two, sixty five minute drying cycles. HA. Lesson. Learned.

After my exciting laundry experience, I decided that I needed to get out. It is definitely not safe for me to just roam around City Creek. Seriously, this place has some of my favorite stores all wrapped up into one convenient location. It is not good for my wallet. So, I decided to walk through City Creek to get to  Harmons and buy a couple of things that I needed anyways, like a shower curtain, and fruit. (Seriously I used to only have dry cereal and microwavable mac and cheese in my room). It actually would have been a cheap trip, except for the fact that I paid almost $10 for a dang bag of grapes. Maybe I should look at how much things cost before putting them in my cart....oops :) Another lesson learned.

Needless to say, I kind of had a frustrating morning/early afternoon. However, things did take a turn for the better later on. Wouldn't you like to know what happened.... ;) (HA, I sometimes think I am seriously the funniest person ever). But in all honesty, it was just that one of my friends called and we talked on the phone for a little, and then I face-timed my best friend Amy. And then ended my night by watching the greatest movie of all time. (Pride & Prejudice) So yeah, it was a great afternoon.

xoxo,
Mo

1 comment:

  1. Remember the missionary rule: everything goes into a single load of laundry! Hasn't failed me yet, but creeps your mother out!!

    ReplyDelete