Saturday, June 8, 2013

Ali and Morgan Part 1

If anyone knows Ali and myself, they know that something (usually bad) ALWAYS happens to us. Like seriously. Like that time in middle school when we Alis family invited me to go to California with them. We thought it was a good idea to strap my boogie board to Alis leg, and Alis boggie board to my leg and ride them out into the waves . . . . yeah, we weren't the brightest. Or that time we went on a hike for girls camp certification in the middle of June and Ali and I didn't bring water bottles (and Ali hurt her leg so our sunday school teacher tried to massage the cramp out of her leg hahahah it was so funny). And the nearest bathroom was 4 miles away, so we had to go and become 'one with nature'.  EWW. Seriously, I could go on forever about the stories we have together. But this past weekend was by far the most exciting/intense/cool/scary/funny thing that has ever happend to us.

So Ali's uncle just hired her to work at his office in Utah on Friday March 31. My parents had flew me home for a couple of days earlier that week, so Ali and I both got plane tickets for the same flight to take us to Utah for Saturday June 1. So Ali and I got dropped off at the airport on Saturday by our parents, we got checked in, had gone through security, and we were getting ready to board the plane. 

Ali was assigned to sit in the row behind me on the plane, so I got into my seat first after I put my carry on bags in the overhead compartment, and then I sat down in my seat and buckled up. So as Ali was putting her carry on bags in the space above her a flight attendant was walking down the aisle and needed to walk around her. So she went to move out of his way and as she moved she hurt her leg!! And so the guy was giving Ali a funny look and all she was saying was "oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!!!" And then she starts crying! So I turned around wondering what was going on, and the flight attendant was like "here sit down in the chair and we will look at your leg" and Ali said "no I really don't think I can sit, my knee is killing me!!" And so Ali keeps crying and the flight attendant calls the paramedics to come get Ali off the plane because she clearly cannot walk. I asked Ali if you could see anything wrong with her leg and the fly attendant was all "umm yeah her knee cap is on the side of her leg right now". So since Ali was in the middle of the walk way on the plane none of the passengers could get to there seats in the back, so everyone was just kind of standing around, and the paramedics walk on with a wheelchair and they were yelling at everyone to move so they could get through. And so this whole time I'm trying to call my parents and Scott and Cami but none of them are answering because they were all at the Temple!

So Ali gets wheeled off the plane and I get off with her because I couldn't just leave her! And so I had to carry her 2 carry on bags and my 2 bags. (we girls don't pack light!) And so they put us in that long walkway where the plane and the airport connects, and they stabbed Ali with an IV to give her morphine. Then it was like playing 20 questions with the firemen and the flight attendants. They asked us everything! The firemen then told us we were going to have to go to the hospital, so they called the paramedics and they brought out this huge stretcher for Ali to go on. And so we had to walk through the ENTIRE airport like that with the whole world watching us! We got outside and they loaded Ali in the ambulance and since I was there too they said I could ride in the front seat of the ambulance. Coolest thing ever! And so we get to the hospital and finally my parents and Alis parents show up. Ali went in the back and they did a couple of x-rays and then the doctor popped Alis knee back into place. (SO gross!!)

My view from the front seat in the ambulance (I was trying to be casual and not get caught taking pictures)


My parents then drove me back to the airport to catch the last flight of the night. The flight was scheduled for 8:10 . . . . it then got delayed and was rescheduled for 9. After everyone finished boarding at 9:45, the plane took off. I plugged my headphones in and fell asleep, only to be woken up when the plane had landed. The plane lights turned on and none of the passengers were moving . . . . I wasn't sure what was going on. Then some of the passengers started to yell. Huh? I was so confused!! Turns out that the pilots forgot the other pilot that was supposed to fly the plane back to Arizona once we had landed in Utah. I WAS BACK IN ARIZONA!

Long story short (haha not really), I finally landed in Utah at 1:45 Sunday morning. I was exhausted. I just wanted to get back to my room and sleep for days. Luckily the lovely Jensen family was there at the airport to pick me up and take me to my dorm. When I thought the worst of my day was over, I walked into my room to find a note on my bed that said "please be sure to make your bed next time! Thx, ur RA!" I'm sorry, WHAT?! (my whole dorm had had room checks that week . . . . note: making beds has NEVER been a requirement!) I lost it. I called my mom and started crying like a little girl (yes, I still cry to my mom about silly things). I could tell that she felt bad for me, but I could also tell that she thought this whole thing was funny.

Now if you would have asked me on Saturday or Sunday about the whole experience, I probably would have slapped you, but now, I think it is one of the funniest stories. And it was a great learning experience. It's about as funny as my bee sting story (maybe i'll write a different blog post about that sometime). 

Seriously, who does this stuff happen too?! 

The answer to that, Morgan and Ali.

xoxo,
Mo

1 comment:

  1. What a story! It sounds better when you are telling the story in person . . . never a dull moment with you and Ali together. :)

    xoxo,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete