Friday, July 5, 2013

Gluten Free and 4th of July Celebrations

For the past couple of months I haven't been feeling great. Some days I am fine and others I don't dare leave my little room. After calling Dr. Mom earlier this week, explaining that I am sick of it (pun intended), she has come to the conclusion that I might have Celiac Disease, meaning I might be allergic to gluten. I don't go back to AZ for another 12 days (SO close, yet SO far away), so in the meantime Dr. Mom has recommended staying away from anything that might contain gluten until I return home to AZ and see if I feel better. Ugh. Can I just say that gluten free food is EXPENSIVE. I did, however, find a new favorite treat to eat that is gluten free....Boom-Chicka-Pop Popcorn. I get the lightly sweet flavored kind. It's fantastic. Also, WOW Baking Company Chocolate Chip Cookies. Two thumbs up for these gluten free cookies.

Anyways, going 'Gluten Free' during the week of the 4th of July is the worst. I was invited to my friends house this week to spend a couple of days with her and her family to celebrate the 4th of July. They held a BBQ at there house and invited some of their family and friends over. It felt like their were gluten loaded foods everywhere!! I enjoyed a simple ketchup only cheeseburger (without a bun, obv) and watermelon for dinner. I just didn't look up at all of the other yummy-looking-gluten-loaded-foods everyone else had on their plates. All was well.

We later enjoyed a game of golf, in which we were all told to keep track of our own scores and and see who came out with the fewest shots. The winner had a final score of 21. I decided to stop counting once I got to 28. Golf isn't really my forte. After playing a few other games, it finally got dark enough for fireworks. We set off our own fireworks, and then watched the neighbors set off what seemed like hundreds of fireworks. We all came to the conclusion that they had spent about $2,000 just on fireworks. They were insane, but a ton of fun to watch.


What made the 4th of July even better? A cute outfit, of course!! I had just purchased a new shirt the day before that I am in LOVE with. Thank you Gap!!


4th of July Outfit
{Jeans: Hollister, Shoes: Target, Belt: F21, Shirt: Gap, Sunnies: Anthro, Necklace: J.Crew, Bracelets: F21, J.Crew, Charming Charlies}

Tuesdays Outfit . . . . I was dying to wear my new ShoeDazzle flats!
{Bracelet: J. Crew, Chambray Shirt: Gap, Flats: Shoedazzle, Jeans: Abercrombie, Leopard Belt: F21}

Friday Faves!! 
{ShoeDazzle Flats, Anthro Sunnies, Gap Baseball Shirt}

How did you spend your Holiday? Any recommendations on Gluten Free foods to try?

xoxo,
Mo


2 comments:

  1. My brother has had Celiac for quite a few years! I know of a few websites and tons of recipes my mom has! I will see if I can get a bunch of them together for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it helps, were 100% Gluten Free at the Jensen's now. Your next visit will be easier!!

    ReplyDelete